Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 Architecture Whitepaper is now available for download from Microsoft Download Center. Architecture is something dear to my heart so please be sure to download this document and read up. The document discusses the following topics:
- The structure of the Microsoft Dynamics GP application, which is composed of the Dexterity runtime engine, the Dynamics application dictionary, and the Microsoft SQL Server database.
- How Microsoft Dynamics GP efficiently uses system resources for both client workstations and servers.
- The customization tools that are built into the software and are accessible to all users, and the tools that system administrators can use to customize Microsoft Dynamics GP, such as Modifier, Report Writer, and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- The tools that are available for importing and exporting Microsoft Dynamics GP data, such as eConnect, Web Services, and Integration Manager.
- The features that provide platform enhancements, such as flexible account numbers, lists, data-driven scrolling windows, security, international support, macro capabilities, named printers, the mail API, and error reporting.
- The reporting and analytics tools that are available for Microsoft Dynamics GP, including Report Writer, SmartList, Management Reporter, SQL Reporting Services, and Excel Reports
- How the workflow capabilities in Microsoft Dynamics GP control the flow of documents through the accounting system
- The architecture and features of Business Portal, which you can use as your company intranet or as an extension to it to provide Web-based access to Microsoft Dynamics GP data.
- The additional industry- or market-specific capabilities that are included with Microsoft Dynamics GP, such as multidictionary architecture, the trigger system, and available development options.
Hope you find this whitepaper useful and certainly a gem to have in your product documentation arsenal.
Until next post!
Mariano Gomez, MVP
Maximum Global Business, LLC