How to add a "Terms and Conditions" page to a Microsoft Dynamics GP Word Template document
It’s officially Microsoft Office Word Templates week here at The Dynamics GP Blogster!
With the integration of Microsoft Word Templates into Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010, the possibilities of delivering professional looking business facing documents increased 1000-fold. Now, Microsoft Dynamics GP users want to take full advantage of Word’s editing and document formating capabilities to introduce extra information in their business facing documents that was simply quite complex or impossible to achieve with Report Writer.
A common request among users is to add a Terms and Conditions page to a SOP invoice form. For this example, we will use the SOP Blank Invoice Form report. You can follow these steps to achieve just that:
1. If you haven’t done so, enable the SOP Blank Invoice Form Template* report under the Template Configuration Manager window. Click Save to continue.
2. Open the Report Template Maintenance window and choose the SOP Blank Invoice Form from the More Reports option.
[NOTE: If you are working with a modified version of the SOP Blank Invoice Form created in Report Writer and exposed to Word Templates, then choose Modified from the Status drop-down list.
3. Click the New button on the Report Template Maintenance window to create a new template based on the existing one. For this example, we will call this template SOP Blank Invoice Form with Conditions. Click the Create button when finished.
You should now see the new template version in the Available Templates pane in the Report Template Maintenance window.
4. Click on the Modify button to open the SOP Blank Invoice Form Template with Conditions template in Microsoft Word. Position the cursor beneat the Total field and insert a 1 row by 1 column table.
Add the Terms and Conditions text inside the table as shown below.
5. Highlight the newly added table and its text, then click on the Paragraph expansion button under the Home ribbon to open the options window. Click on the Line and Page Breaks tab and mark the Keep Lines Together and Page Breaks Before check marks. Click Ok to continue.
Note that the table has now moved to a second page.
6. Save the modified Word template in your My Documents folder to avoid loosing your changes when you close Word then reimport the template in the Report Template Maintenance window. Assign the template to the company and make it the Default template.
NOTE: You can also choose to assign the template to specific customers if needed, however, for demo purposes, we are choosing to default the template.
7. Print a SOP invoice choosing the Blank form to ensure the template prints as expected.
NOTE: At the end of this article I realized I had modified the SOP Blank History Invoice Form Template. Print a historical invoice instead as the results should be the same.